Friday, July 22, 2011

Superette - Tiger (1996)

Ages and ages ago in Kansas, I used to go to this really cool record shop called Love Garden. It was located above a toy store and full of cats, so teenage me thought it was the coolest place EVER. Never mind the fantastic selection of records for five bucks and under! Oh, I found so many gems there. I also found a bunch of crap, which I usually bought because 1. it looked cool and 2. I was always too shy to ask where the record player was so I could listen to stuff before I paid for it. Nostalgia!!

One of my better purchases was Superette's Tiger, $4. It was the cover that sucked me in: bright colors, fancy name, and a badass pouncing tiger! I flipped it over to check out the tracklisting: Kiss Someone ("Eh."), Saskatchewan ("Ooh, I love Canada's beautiful provinces!"), Cannibal ("...and cannibals!"), Killer Clown ("...and killer clowns. Goddamn!"). Then I saw it was a Flying Nun release. SOLD! I took it home, slapped it on my turntable and was not at all disappointed.


Superette - Tiger.rar (320 kbps)

If you like sludgy-poppy-indie rock songs from the '90s, then this album is for you. I think my favorite track is "Touch Me," which is about shooting John Lennon from Mark David Chapman's POV, but that's not ALL this album has to offer. Other stand-outs include: Saskatchewan, Cannibal, I Got It Clean, Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment